Thursday, February 12, 2009

17 Days, Lovely Blog and Ana Update

Only 17 days left (including today) to enter the very first ever Angels for Ana raffle! The drawing will take place on March 1 and the winner will receive a home made quilt (see picture in post below this one). I know it's a tough time for everyone economically and there are so many worthy causes out there, so I'm doing my best to provide incentive for people to make a donation to help Ana with her medical expenses. Anyone who makes a donation (in any amount) will get their name listed on The Angel Roster on this site, along with a link to any (family friendly) URL you'd like. In addition, for every $5 you donate, you get one entry into the monthly raffle prize drawing. I've done my best to make this month's prize a great one... it was certainly made with love and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

I would also like to give a special thank you to my friend Julie (aka, The Surrendered Scribe) for all her help in sharing Ana's story and this site with her many, many friends and incredible cyber network. She also blessed us with this lovely "Lovely Blog" award. I certainly didn't start this site for fame or glory, but it's always nice to be noticed. Thank you, Julie!


Now, on to the Ana update. (I saved the best for last!) Ana continues to improve every day. The nasty cold / flu / whatever it was she had last week is finally gone and she's feeling pretty good. She's continuing with her physical therapy a few times a week and walking much more now. I believe her weekly appointment is tomorrow, and we're hoping and praying the bandages come off the right leg this week, too. They're certainly not "pretty" but I saw the burns when they were only a week or so old and the difference is absolutely amazing. I can't put into words how happy I am for her and the progress that she has (finally) made with the healing.

Your prayers and thoughts are very much appreciated. Please keep them coming! If you'd like to send a note to Ana, you can do so here.

With thanks and appreciation,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment